Shop for Change Mark benefits everyone in the chain and protects the environment
The fair trade movement is about giving small-scale farmers and artisans a fairer deal for their hard work in a way that’s fair to business and shoppers too.
Impact of our work so far:-
- Over 200,000 units of fair trade certified products (food, jute & cotton) sold in the Indian market so far
- Cumulative sales of INR 60,00,000 of certified cotton lint and INR 80,00,000 of certified food products from producer organisations that cater to ~6000 farmer members (~3000 each for food & cotton) & INR 35,00,00 of certified jute products
- Cumulative INR 10,00,000 fair trade bonus to producer organisations and their members in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Orissa, Andhra Pradesh and Uttarakhand
- 16 textile brands and 9 producer organisation food brands have signed licensing agreements with Shop for Change, 21 companies purchased fair trade processed food products
- Cumulative retail value of certified textile and food products sold was INR 12 cr.